March promoted by the ‘Sí a la Vida’ Platform, supported by more than 500 associations and civic entities
Thousands of people have attended to the Yes to Life March held in Madrid to demand the culture of care and protection of all human life
The March Yes to Life 2023 has brought together 50,000 people in Madrid on the occasion of the International Day of Life.
The tour began at 12 noon on Calle Serrano and ended in Cibeles, where an event was held with testimonials, a reading of the Yes to Life Manifesto and the traditional minute of silence and release of balloons in memory of the unborn and all victims of the culture of death.
Thousands of young people, families with children, the elderly, influencers… have been the protagonists of the March for Life.
Alicia Latorre, spokesperson for the Yes to Life Platform and President of the Spanish Federation of Pro-Life Associations (one of the organizations promoting the Platform) thanked and encouraged us to continue showing the truth and greatness of each human life, to call the things by name and stand up to the lies, manipulation and business of a black ideology, which turns its back on science and conscience.
Madrid, March 12, 2023.- The Yes to Life Platform, made up of more than 500 associations united by the defense of life, from its beginning to its natural end, has brought together some 50,000 people in the March for Life 2023 with which the International Day of Life is commemorated annually. It has been a multitudinous, joyful, constructive and unity meeting of the entire society that defends life from its beginning to its natural end.
Alicia Latorre, spokesperson for the Yes to Life Platform and President of the Spanish Federation of Pro-Life Associations (one of the organizations promoting the Platform) thanked and encouraged us to continue showing the truth and greatness of each human life, to call the things by name and stand up to the lies, manipulation and business of a black ideology, which turns its back on science and conscience. She has been happy with so many daily testimonies of service to life in its most vulnerable moments, at the service of those who suffer the consequences of the culture of death and that more and more people are opening their eyes.
The March took place in a celebratory tone along Calle Serrano in Madrid to Plaza de Cibeles where the stage was located where the Yes to Life act took place, which was enlivened by Juan Herranz (Dj Juanorro, founder of Eight Ball Events ) and presented by the influencers Carla Restoy @carlarestoy and José Martin Aguado @jmartinaguado, professor, lecturer and content creator. The Yes to Life Platform thanks all of them for their generosity and dedication to make this great March for Life a close and celebratory act that reinforces us to continue working daily for the care of life against the culture of death .
They have come from all over Spain, buses have been organized to attend from cities such as Barcelona, Pamplona, Burgos, Murcia, Santander, Alicante, Zaragoza, Huesca, Ávila, Bilbao, Vitoria, Valencia, Cuenca… and many more. In addition, thousands of other people have carried out the march online following the event live via streaming from the Platform’s YouTube profile (sialavida25m). In front of the banner at the head of the March were representatives of different associations committed to the defense of life in different areas.
On stage: representatives of the convening associations have read the Yes to Life Manifesto. Pablo Delgado de la Serna, influencers, physiotherapist and university professor, who from his Instagram profile @untrasplantado offers us a continuous celebration of life and offered his testimony on the disease. Also, she has recounted her testimony, Marita, a mother who was going to have an abortion, has told her story accompanied by her 5-month-old baby and has sent a message of thanks to all the people who make themselves available to offer help and accompaniment, in her case to 40 Days for Life, an organization she asked for help. Melisa, a pregnant mother, also told her testimony when she asked + Futuro for help when she was going to have an abortion and after finding support, she decided to go ahead with her pregnancy.
A message of support and thanks has also been sent to all the media that support life. And during the traditional minute of silence, the heartbeat of a baby in the womb of her mothers was heard live. And the gynecologist Dr. Carolina Galocha has been in charge of doing the ultrasound and in turn has pointed out the importance of giving pregnant women the option of listening to their children in order to make their decision in a considered manner and in complete freedom.
About the International Day of Life.
At the first International Pro-Life Congress, held in Madrid in 2003, after a global survey answered by more than 20,000 groups and associations from more than 20 countries in Europe and America, it was agreed to declare March 25 the International Day of Life. .
In 2011 they agreed to create a platform with the name and motto Yes to Life, which each year would celebrate a public and unitary act around March 25, International Day of Life, with the color green hope, so that all organizations could see it. celebrate and witness unity and commitment on this day. During these years, different associations, national and international, have been adhering to the defense of life from its beginning to its natural end.
ABIMAD, ACdP, ADEVIDA, Aedos, AESVIDA, AMABE, ANDOC, ANDEVI, Assembly for Life, Liberty and Dignity, Spanish Association of Social Pharmacy, European Association of Family Lawyers, Apex University Association, Ayuvi, CeA, Legal Center Tomás Moro, CIDEVIDA, CIVICA, COFAPA, CONCAPA, CRÍAME, Christians in Democracy, 40 days for life, Right to be a Mother, Athletes for life and family, e-Christians, Educators Against Indoctrination ECA, EUVITA, El Encinar de Mambré, Raizados, Evangelium Vitae, Education and Families, Family and Human Dignity, Families for foster care, FAPACE, Spanish Federation of Pro-Life Associations, AMPAS Federation of Catholic schools in Madrid, Fertilitas, Family Forum, Educatio Servanda Foundation, IUVE Foundation, Jérôme Lejeune Foundation, Redmadre Foundation, Vida Foundation, Fundación + Futuro, Fundación Villacisneros, Fundación +Vida, Grupo Provida, HoDAV, Hogares de Santa María, Jcum, Lands Care, One of Us, Medicina y vi das, NEOS, Professionals for Ethics, Mater Project, Mission Network, RENAFER, REMAR, John Paul II Rescuers, Rioarriba, SOS Family, Spei Mater, Values and Society, Postabortion Voice…
Manifiesto Yes to Life 2023
1. We proclaim that EVERY human being has the right to life and to be treated as he deserves his special dignity, from his conception to natural death and at all times and circumstances.
2. We want to show the greatness of the culture of life and its fruits, a culture that is generous, welcoming, constructive, joyful, that heals wounds, that does not give up.
3. We reject all laws and practices that threaten life and human nature at any moment of its existence, as well as the businesses and ideologies that sustain them.
4. We demand that the biological truth of human life not be hidden, nor the knowledge and experiences that can be contributed from all areas. Likewise, we demand that abortion, euthanasia, attacks on the embryo, gender ideology are not lied about, nor that cruelty, injustice and pain that the culture of death infringes is denied.
5. We demand that, as a priority, medical advances and care reach everyone without exception, those who have not yet been born and their mothers, the chronically ill, those who suffer from infrequent or very frequent illnesses, those who need palliative treatment… and all the necessary material and personal resources are allocated to it.
6. We support and thank all the people and associations that from different fields of action work in favor of all human life, despite the many difficulties and even persecution.
7. And we also turn to those who think differently, to those who suffer from the bad decisions of the past or their indifference, because we cannot recover the lives lost or change the past, but we have the future in our hands, because we have Ahead of us is much good to do and all of us, without exception, are necessary.
8. We will continue working to ensure that no illegitimate and perverse law is in force in our legal system, since we believe that Spain must be an advanced nation, progressive in terms of true rights and conservative of objective and perennial values.
9. And while the laws change, while the culture of death tries to continue to dominate, we will continue turning on a light, showing the truth, saving lives and hopes. For all this, we show, for another year, our public and united commitment to continue saying always and in all circumstances Yes to life!